A bit about me:
Hey there! This website is primarily my platform to just jot down some quick notes and tidbits as I come along them.
I’ve been in IT for well over 10 years now. I’m a huge advocate for systems automation, scripting, and engineering approaches that should be repeatable, rather than one off solutions. I am a proponent of community involvement and returning contributions to all those I have learned from over the years.
Presently held certifications:
MCSE — Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
MCSE — Data Management and Analytics
VCP — VMware Certified Professional 7 – Cloud Management and Automation
I’m always learning, reading, testing, or scripting something.
|SQL Server (7-vNext)||Tuning & optimization, security, advanced backup techniques & disaster recovery, server migrations, T-SQL, stored procs, UDFs (T-SQL & C#), indexed views, triggers, linked servers, database architecture, scaling, custom maintenance plans, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, automation, best practices emphasis|
|VMware||ESX/i 2.0-6.1, VirtualCenter/vCenter, PowerCLI, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), Horizon View, Composer, Data Recovery, Data Protection, NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC), VMware Server/GSX|
|SharePoint (2007-2013)||Advanced PowerShell scripting, farm architecture & administration, backup/restore/migration, permissions, extranet security, claims-based authentication, search administration, external content types, Business Data Connectivity service, best practices emphasis, BI administration & development – Excel Services, SharePoint Integrated Reporting Services, PowerPivot, PerformancePoint|
|General||PKI (OpenSSL & Microsoft Certificate Services), Kerberos, Linux and Windows Integration, firewalls (ipchains/iptables, Cisco ACLs, etc) Active Directory Architecture & Programming, VPNs (PPTP, SSTP/SSL & IPSEC), RD Gateway, MS DNS & Unix BIND, DHCP, Lync 2013, Samba, Subversion, WebDAV, Microsoft IIS 3-7, Apache, Exchange Server 5.5-2007, secure IMAP, secure SMTP, mySQL, PostgreSQL, Berkeley DB, IBM DB2, Amazon Cloud (EC2+VPC), Windows Azure, NetApp|
|OS||Windows 3.11-7/2016, Linux/Unix (SuSE, RedHat, AIX, SCO, HPUX, ESX), Mac OS 9/X|
|Scripting+Dev||PowerShell, T-SQL, ANSI SQL, WMI, ADSI, PHP, bash, ksh, zsh, AppleScript, ASP, VBScript, C#|
If you’re looking for assistance with your PowerShell scripts or have questions in general about PowerShell, I recommend posting them here.
The information and scripts on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- This license is acceptable for Free Cultural Works.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sbihimohamed/